Clark Associates is the largest food service equipment and supplies dealer in the country and has been recognized as one of Central Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies! We credit our success to hiring only the very best talent and keeping a strong focus on company culture, and employee engagement and development. People are at the core of everything we do. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, Clark Associates is the right fit for you.
Clark Associates is looking for a Product Developer to help bring new and exciting products to market. Our department’s core purpose is to develop the world’s most comprehensive and compelling offering of products in the market segments we serve and a Product Developer is an integral part to making that happen. Product Developers work closely with our Category Managers to fast-track the most important key product adds. In particular, this position focuses on developing our smallwares categories, ranging from wholesale, restaurant-quality cookware to food storage to kitchen utensils and more. Ideal candidates enjoy a fast-paced work environment, team work, are detail-oriented, independently driven, are curious and desire to learn. This is a great way to dive into the food service and equipment industry and immerse yourself in becoming an industry expert.
What We Offer
- Nationally-recognized, growing company with strong core values and company culture
- Market-competitive compensation package and yearly performance bonus
- Great benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO, paid maternity and parental leave and more
- Support for career growth and advancement including professional development and leadership courses, ongoing education and trainings, mentorships, company library and more
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center and local gym discounts, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks, yearly BMI bonus and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, time off for monthly volunteer opportunities, charitable gifts to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
- Become an industry and product expert - no experience necessary!
- Manage the new item and product improvement process for category/categories; project directives will come from the Category Managers
- Work closely with Category Managers to support and fast-track the highest return on investment projects
- Grow our smallwares catalog and category revenue through strategic sourcing and item additions
- Ensure on-time delivery and launch of private label projects in conjunction with Category Managers
Skills & Requirements
- Desire to learn and grow
- Genuine interest in product development from sourcing to testing to bringing a product to market
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with various teams within the Procurement department
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Well-developed computer skills; emphasis in Excel
- Product manufacturing knowledge and technical knowledge a plus
About the Procurement Department
- Clark Associates’ Procurement Department is responsible for purchasing all product sold through our 3 main channels of distribution - WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and our specialty channels, Clark National Accounts, Hometown Provisions, Clark Food Service Equipment and 11400, Inc. This includes 340k+ items, 67k+ stocked items and 1200+ vendors. In 2020, we did $1.9B in sales. We work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
- Click here to hear first-hand from Procurement’s leadership about our department’s history, guiding principles and excitement for continued future growth.
- If your application matches the qualities we’re looking for in an employee, you will receive a request for a phone interview
- Following the phone interview, you may be invited to an in-person interview with 2 or more of our Procurement Managers
- Following the in-person interview, you may be invited back for a team shadowing and then a final decision will be made
This position is located at our headquarters in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.