We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers and front end developers in collaboration with software engineers, marketing, and product owners to develop and lead the direction of product areas on a large ecommerce site.
Check out some of our design team's recent work on Instagram: @webstaurantdesign
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify for remote work, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
As a Product Design Manager you will:
- Mentor and coach team members to deliver best user experience
- Recruit and work with leads to grow, mentor, and establish your team
- Be responsible for Design Resources - curate design standards to operate, guidelines, processes.
- Screen ideas and concepts, work with stakeholders + business analysts at a high level and reviewing projects with Directors
- Meet with team members 1-on-1 to review and assess their needs and wants and ensure goals are on track or address concerns
- Lead the team to work closely with product owners, business analysts, engineers, and other departments to define requirements and initiatives
- Partner with product owners to help define information architecture and tell the right stories
- Be an expert in UI, UX, or visual design
- A design background and strong foundation of UI standards + best practices with a portfolio demonstrating skills
- Great self-management, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience leading a team
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience designing or working on e-commerce websites
- Designed with an understanding of the formal principles of design: typography, layout, balance and proportions
- Helped level up the design and quality of a design team by bringing inspired ideas to the table and guiding those ideas through to fruition with attention to detail
- Reviewed and approved work to ensure design assets are polished and ready for implementation handoff or final delivery
- Competitive pay + annual bonuses
- 401(k) + medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Flexible work schedule. Work the hours that make sense for you.
- Full remote work, semi-remote work up to 2 days/week, or work in the office
- Dog friendly offices
- Onsite Fitness Center at our Florida and Pennsylvania offices, or 75% reimbursement for a Fitness Center of your choice
- We'll invest in your education with up to $1000 reimbursement per year
- Yearly stipend to attend conferences
What does our hiring process look like:
- A phone interview with a Manager (or Team Lead) to chat about the company, position, and most importantly, learn more about you. Our goal is to see if we're a match.
- If we feel that you could be a match, we will contact you to schedule the next interview, or let you know if we feel that you aren't a good fit.
- The next interview will be with Managers across various teams, and the VP of Design. We could ask you general questions to test your understanding of core principles, or have you review a project. Additionally, we will be reviewing your communication skills, and how well you align with our core values.
- After the last interview, we will either follow up with an offer, or let you know if we feel that you aren't a good fit.
If you’re ready to lead a team, apply today by submitting a resume and examples of your work.