As a Product Designer for the Mobile App team, you will work alongside a team of designers and developers passionate about creating valuable, easy-to-use experiences for all customers. Your primary focus will be on the Webstaurant iOS app.
Take a look at some of the work our marketing, branding, and product teams have done so far: @webstaurantdesign
Please include a portfolio and resume with your application.
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify for remote work, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have a strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
- An understanding of how people use their devices and the flexibility to adapt to new technologies
- Strong design skills with a good foundation of typography and visual design
- Experience designing apps and working with mobile developers, preferably in a team setting
- The ability to recognize best, edge or corner cases and how to incorporate them into designs
- Worked with Figma or other prototyping and design tool equivalents
- Understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, and other mobile platforms
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and ability to self-manage timelines
- Ability to design with very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Help design and execute the end-to-end user experience through wireframes, Hi-fidelity mockups, and prototypes within Figma
- Stay on top of trends and human interface guidelines, including e-commerce best practices and mobile-first design
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, and maintenance phases
- Explain your work, process, and decisions while participate in team design critiques and stakeholder meetings
- Guide developers with a pixel-perfect eye to fine-tune CSS styling, functionality, and interaction design in working sessions
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay + annual bonuses
- 401(k) + medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Flexible work schedule. Work the hours that make sense for you.
- Full remote work, semi-remote work up to 2 days/week, or work in the office
- Dog friendly offices
- Onsite Fitness Center at our Florida and Pennsylvania offices, or 75% reimbursement for a Fitness Center of your choice
- We'll invest in your education with up to $1000 reimbursement per year
- Yearly stipend to attend conferences
What our hiring process looks like:
- A phone interview with a Team Lead or Manager to chat about the company, position, and most importantly, learn more about you. Our goal is to see if we're a match.
- If we feel that you could be a match, we will contact you to schedule the next interview, or let you know if we feel that you aren't a good fit.
- The next interview will involve all Team Managers, and the Director of Design. We could ask you general questions about design to test your understanding of design principles, or have you review a case study on your portfolio. Additionally, we will be reviewing your communication skills and how well you align with our core values.
- Last, we will either make you an offer, or let you know if we feel that you aren't a good fit.
Please include these in your application: