A Department Manager with The Restaurant Store is responsible for supporting the daily operations of a retail location. Under direction of the Branch Manager, the Department Manager is responsible for accomplishing a variety of operational goals encompassing sales, marketing, staffing, inventory control, and customer relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the management of a ~30,000sq.ft. warehouse / retail operation in business-to-business sales environment and lead operations in absence of the Branch Manager
- Maintain a detailed and comprehensive understanding of the location’s daily functions and operational needs; manage customer sales issues and assist Branch Manager with scheduling needs
- Develop and train 15-25 team members to ensure consistent processes and procedures while role modeling our Company values
- Understand and utilize a deep understanding of DISC profiling to build a cohesive and high-performing team
- Maintain accurate inventory control and ensure that products or services comply with regulatory and quality standards
- Support department managers at the location with daily operations (inventory, merchandising, sales)
- Ensure that Company standards and procedures are followed, including management of escalated customer and/or employee complaints, incident reports, and legal actions
- Support Membership and Gold Membership growth year over year within the local market
- Support the growth and utilization of TRS.com across our customer base
- Manage the overall safety and maintenance needs of the building and equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in retail and/or supply chain management overseeing site operations and sales
- Associate’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience with CRM systems and project management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Business Proficiency in English is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 9 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires occasional bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
May require occasional travel to other stores within the region