The largest online distributor of restaurant supplies and equipment.
The 1st Shift Grounds Shipping Manager is responsible for overseeing various segments of outbound operations, including picking, packing, consolidating, shipping. This role is challenged to develop new tools and resources that increase productivity and support the growth of our business. This position maintains extensive knowledge of the various procedures and operations protocols while developing and implementing improvements that increase efficiencies and customer satisfaction. The 1st Shift Grounds Manager is responsible for ensuring that all new employees receive proper training in relevant areas and maintaining a high level of proficiency among current employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage day to day decisions regarding the input, movement, process, and output of operations to ensure increased quality, inventory accuracy and service
• ,Supervise up to 80 employees to achieve high performance standards while coaching, training and developing employees in industry best practices
• Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly metrics for assigned departments; identify and resolve operating issues as needed, including oversight of corrective actions and progressive discipline process
• Provide clear and frequent communication to all teams regarding department productivity, Company policies and procedures
• Actively engage in “MBWA” or managing by walking around and serve as a role model of Company culture
• Maintain adequate staffing levels for assigned departments to ensure operating metrics are met consistently; may include the coordination of shift change bids and related programs
• Interact with employees regularly to promote a high level of engagement and ensure all safety regulations/ rules are followed
• Lead weekly and monthly manager meetings to share information including metrics review, areas of improvement, employee relations issues, and updates on quarterly initiatives and related projects
• Identify and delegate quarterly initiatives to team members; promote and monitor progress to ensure quarterly goals are met
• Maintain a high level of operating knowledge and positive employee relations by working at minimum one day each month with each department and/or shift
• Analyze opportunities for improvement including productivity growth, cost reduction, damage mitigation, and increased process efficiency
• Serve as a back-up when a department line manager is absent
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in operations management; 2-5 years’ experience with receiving and inventory management preferred
• Associate degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor degree in a related field preferred
• Experience working in a distribution environment preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast -paced environment
• Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
• Customer service-oriented attitude with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
• Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 10 hours/day
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
• Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
• Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
• Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust,
fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The passage of employees through
the work area is average and normal.
May require occasional travel to other facilities within the regionApply Now
Apply for your lifetime career today.