Webstaurant Store, Inc.
1st Shift Equipment Operator -$20.00/hr
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- *On-site Fitness Centers
- *Dog-friendly Offices
- Wellness Incentives
- Company Discounts
- AT&T & Verizon Discount
- Bonus Opportunities
About the company
The largest online distributor of restaurant supplies and equipment.See company page
Job DetailsApply Now
About the Position
WebstaurantStore is hiring!
We are opening a brand-new, 1.1m square foot distribution facility close to Ellabell, Georgia - and we are looking for experienced, people-oriented leaders to join our team and contribute to the start-up of the operation. If you love a fresh environment and a have a passion for people, this may be the position for you!
Equipment Operators are responsible for efficiently and accurately pulling warehouse stock to fulfill orders This is a forklift operator role without a barrier of entry --we will train you. You will be expected to be fast-paced and attentive to detail, willing to work hard with a good attitude, and able to embrace change. If you work well in a team-centered environment and are passionate and ambitious about meeting goals and deadlines, then you have found the right place!
- Pulling warehouse stock to fulfill orders as they are processed to ensure that customers receive orders in a short time frame and as accurate as possible.
- Safely operating and maintaining warehouse equipment to carry out job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Abides by all forklift safety training which includes wearing belt/harness at all times, never carrying passengers who are not in a belt/harness, using the horn as needed, maintaining a safe speed and never pulling skids directly from bins with a stock picker.
- Meeting or exceeding department standards for productivity and accuracy.
- Reporting any forklift issues to the team leader or supervisor to ensure they are properly fixed by a trained technician.
- Keeping the work zone clean and orderly so that the warehouse is a safe and clean work environment. This includes removing empty boxes from bins and aisles as needed.
- Performing other duties and tasks not listed as requested by the shipping supervisor or team leader.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO MEET THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Push and pull up to 150lbs.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly bend, reach, climb, and stand throughout the shift.
- Work a full shift of up to 12 hours
- Follow all codes of conduct, safety parameters, productivity, and quality standards, as well as attendance policies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
- Monday-Thursday from 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM, this position may require scheduled overtime
- Starting wage is $20.00/hr with a $0.25 raise at 60 days and a potential up to $0.88 in raises every 6 months
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical/dental insurance package, 401K match, and wellness programs. We also offer several perks such as a gym membership reimbursement, warehouse-wide team building activities, opportunities for bonuses, and much more! We maintain a very positive and enjoyable work environment within the warehouse and try to reward employees with fun events and perks in order to show our appreciation.Apply Now
Looking forsomething else?
Apply for your lifetime career today.