Supply Chain and Purchasing Interns are critical contributors to product development, strategic sourcing, negotiating, inventory control, forecasting, marketing, and much more. You will have direct influence over the way thousands of dollars of inventory move from our vendors, through our 11 stores and nationwide distribution centers, and finally, to the end user. All Clark Interns have a high degree of autonomy and work directly with department leaders daily. This position is full-time and located in Lancaster, PA, but has the potential to be hybrid-friendly for those within a 2-hour driving radius.
Interns at Clark Associates also have access to a robust training program, which includes campus and warehouse tours, team shadowing, volunteer opportunities, roundtable discussions and presentations with senior leadership, mentorship, networking opportunities, soft-skill and hard-skill training, and other great internship perks! Click here to learn more about our fabulous internship program.
- Onboard new vendors, products, and brands
- Create and analyze reports to advise on competitive pricing, demand planning, forecasting, and stocking strategies
- Explore sourcing and logistical options for receiving products
- Mine data using Microsoft Power BI and our proprietary inventory management system
- Build manufacturer relationships
- Manage inventory to ensure we are always in stock
- Create and execute marketing plans
Examples of Previous Intern Projects:
- Category development of a new market segment including researching top vendors and brands, contacting potential sources, forecasting demand, contacting sources, and executing initial spend and marketing plans
- Improving day-to-day vendor relationship management including price point negotiations, placing purchase orders, and streamlining logistics
Skills & Requirements
- Ambitious and hardworking
- Strong strategic decision-making skills
- Can balance a large workload in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker
- Enjoys a challenge and desires to learn and grow
- Strong computer skills; emphasis on Excel
- Communicate effectively with vendors in Chinese, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa Indonesian or Malay.
- We consider applicants with diverse majors and work history; however, applicants frequently have education in International Business, Business Management, Supply Chain, Business Logistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Marketing, or a related field.
Who We Are
Clark Associates is the largest food service equipment and supplies dealer in the country and has been recognized as one of Central Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies! We credit our success to hiring only the very best talent and keeping a strong focus on company culture, and employee engagement and development. People are at the core of everything we do. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, Clark Associates is the right fit for you. Click here to learn more.
Clark’s procurement division buys products for our various distribution channels (industry leading Ecommerce platform WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, Clark National Accounts, Clark Food Service Equipment, and 11400, Inc.). In 2022, we reached $3.2B in sales from a catalog of 400K+ SKUs.
What We Offer
- Market-competitive pay
- On-site café with free snacks, local vendor visits, and meals to purchase daily
- Flexible hours and hybrid-friendly for those within a 2-hour driving radius
- Support for personal growth through education and training, mentorships, company library, and more
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks, and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, charitable gift opportunities to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter
- If your application matches the qualities we’re looking for in an employee, you will receive a request for an interview
- 401(k) matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Discounts
- On-Site Fitness Centers
- Dog-friendly Offices