WebstaurantStore, the web’s largest restaurant supply company, is hiring for a full-time Technical SEO Analyst to join our experienced search marketing team in this dynamic, fast-growing company. The Technical SEO Analyst works cross-departmentally to continuously improve overall performance of the website, with specific accountability for organic search traffic and revenue. In this data-centric role, you will be relied on for technical problem solving and insights. Leverage your analytical, technical, and tactical skills in a highly collaborative setting, working virtually side-by-side with expanding technical marketing teammates who possess a wide range of specialized skills.
Our team is based out of Tampa, FL and Lititz, PA, but at this time all employees are working remotely. Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY).
We hope to grow our team with someone who has:
- A passion for digging into website and search problems of unknown origin to identify root causes and specify the techniques, tools, or teams required to solve them.
- The ability to blend, synthesize, and interpret data from multiple sources such as crawls, log files, search console, analytics, and internal databases to make recommendations for optimization and technical adjustments.
- A solid foundation of SEO principles from semantics and search intent to SERP features and link equity.
- A deep understanding of technical SEO factors for large sites: architecture, canonicalization and redirects, internal linking, markup and schema, dynamic/asynchronous content, UI/UX, and performance.
- Confidence, poise, and clear communication combined with humility and eagerness to collaborate with teammates and share in the winnings.
What you will do:
- Master the architecture, taxonomy, and technical constraints of our large-scale e-commerce website.
- Track and analyze technical factors affecting search visibility and index coverage, providing insight and recommendations for improvement.
- Discover, document, and report on potential systemic technical problems in indexability, canonicalization, redirects, HTTP errors, etc.
- Track and report on search robot activity through log file analysis.
- Identify website performance and crawlability issues and opportunities, through the analysis of sitemaps, crawl goals, page rendering and timing.
- Work with our product owner and development teams to execute changes that will help search engines crawl and index our site more effectively.
- Develop new methods, reports, and tooling to help the SEO team work more effectively and efficiently.
- Investigate and analyze the SEO strategies of our competitors, particularly “under the hood”, exposing gaps that may pose threats or opportunities.
- Expertise in Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with Chrome Developer Tools for on page and performance analysis.
- Thorough understanding of the SEO implications of enterprise website technologies such as CDN, edge caching, asynchronous content, e.g. React.
- Experience in crawling, parsing, extracting data, and analyzing large numbers of website pages using tools like Screaming Frog.
- Ability to confront the challenges of high-volume automated traffic from bots and scrapers.
- Working knowledge of recognized SEO toolsets, e.g. SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, SearchMetrics, BrightEdge, Conductor.
- Ability to develop reports from multiple data sources using Google Data Studio or PowerBI
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and Python.
- Previous experience with large scale e-commerce websites.
- Practical experience creating and using tags with Google Tag Manager.
- Proficiency with Regex and XPath.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay + opportunity for annual bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, gym membership reimbursement, 401k with company match.
- Opportunity to grow skills as you work alongside experienced digital marketers and data analysts
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
Work from home benefits include the essential computer equipment, such as hardware and software, needed to perform your job.
Candidate must be willing to demonstrate proficiency and critical thinking skills with a small project during the interview process.
Accepting W2 candidates only. H-1B Visa sponsorship is not available. No relocation provided.
Submit your resume today and take a big step forward in your technical SEO and e-commerce career at WebstaurantStore.com!