Clark Associates is Ranked #1 on the 2021 Distribution Giants List

description of main news article image

While celebrating its 50th year in business, Clark Associates has been ranked #1 on the 2021 Distribution Giants list published by Foodservice Equipment & Supplies magazine.

Each year, Foodservice Equipment & Supplies magazine comes out with a list of the top 100 foodservice equipment and supplies dealers in the United States based on the previous year’s sales. Clark Associates was ranked as the second largest distributor in 2019 and 2020 and ascended to the top spot this year.

Sales among the top 100 dealers totaled $9.4 billion in 2020, down 14.37% from 2019’s total of $10.92 billion, according to the FE&S 2021 Distribution Giants study. Only 16% of dealers reported positive growth in 2020, leaving 84% of dealers with a decline in revenues, largely due to the economic impact of COVID-19 on the foodservice industry.

Despite these challenges, Clark Associates experienced positive growth in 2020, with some parts of the business having “their best year ever” according to CEO Gene Clark.

Many factors contributed to this growth, including Clark’s ability to adapt to changes in customer demand, as well as the diversification offered through Clark’s distribution channels. The WebstaurantStore (e-commerce) and The Restaurant Store (brick and click) businesses were well positioned to meet the ever-changing needs of customers throughout the pandemic, offering quick shipping and curbside pickup options.

Read more at: https://fesmag.com/research/distribution-giants/19168-2021-distributiongiants 

About Clark Associates, Inc.

Clark Associates is a privately held company headquartered in Lancaster, PA and has been recognized as one of Central Pennsylvania's fastest growing companies as well as Foodservice Equipment & Supplies magazine's 2015 Dealer of the Year. Employing over 4,000 people, Clark’s multiple divisions and branches in distribution, sales, and technology serve a variety of commercial foodservice customers nationwide. For more information on our business and history, please visit www.clarkinc.biz.

See all news

FE&S to Honor Fred Clark with 2022 Hall of Fame Award

Read Article

Clark Associates and its Employees Donate $109,942 to Local Organizations through Extraordinary Give Event

Read Article